Every company needs a digital marketing plan — marijuana dispensaries and mmj companies included. Now that there are tons of marijuana dispensaries and companies customers can choose from, you need a unique approach to marijuana marketing that allows you to stand out from the crowd.
Consider the following online marketing strategies:
- Get help when developing a solid Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plan to not only improve the search ranking of your website, but to tweak the content on your site so it drives marijuana SEO specifically. Studies done by Search Engine Watch have reported that the #1 position on Google receives 33% of total search traffic, and the majority of people don’t bother to click the second page of results at all. SEO matters to every business, and your website’s SEO score is determined by if your site has good, readily-available content, excellent photos and images, integrated social media, and a number of more technical elements related to the code on your website.
- Branding is important. What do people think of when they think of your brand or visit your website? Your website should follow a set color scheme, have a clearly-visible and well-designed logo, and the logo should be displayed on every webpage. Incorporate a visual identity into your website that makes your product look as appealing as possible; retaking any photos that don’t do your brand justice.
- Social media marketing is tantamount to any good online marketing campaign, and it can actually help greatly improve SEO, too. Google crawls websites to ensure that they’ve integrated social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, and assigns a positive “point” for each. The social media practices that have been proven to improve SEO include gaining followers (who then can provide user-generated content that further boosts your brand), encouraging external links pointing back to your website, the practice of sharing content socially, and increasing brand awareness in general.
- A good blog can help encourage user engagement with commenting and can provide a place where compelling content lives. If done correctly, your blog will entice users to revisit your website regularly. An excellent blog with tons of articles can be the #1 way to improve upon your SEO.
- Brand differentiation is extremely important to marijuana advertising and marketing. What sets your brand apart from your biggest competitors? Do you offer different strains, or sell certain types of rare medicinal marijuana? Do you perhaps sell a wide variety of bowls, bongs, and etc.? Consider what sets you apart and point to every single one of those things on your website and social media. Get people talking.
Working on these five marketing strategies will ultimately mean more money in your pocket. Take every aspect of online marijuana marketing and study it, and watch your SEO and sales skyrocket as a result.